Sunday, August 06, 2006


















Kim's Hand-Me-Down Levi's

A poem written by Paigey in 1993 based upon a true story & modeled by mannequin, Wednesday Wishes, in 2006


Kim's hand-me-down Levi's
Worn by all of us
Handed down three times
white, worn and tattered
three generations old but thats never mattered
Kim's Hand-me-down Levi's
handed on down in the order we were born
they are a little bit older and a little more worn
always easily found, but not easily torn
Kim's hand-me-down Levis' worn by Kim, Curt & me
And sometimes I can see Kims' hand-me-down Levis
Kind of in me.

*2006, may the spirit of these Levi's live within all of us. Our Dear Sweet Kim has joined the battle of a lifetime, one against cancer. May she be as strong, as durable, as consistant & resistant, as the fibers of those famous hand-me-down Levi's. White, worn & tattered...none of that matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Think the World would be a better place if we all had Kims Hand me down levis, kind of in us....

Anonymous said...

Me Three!