Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Ok, so it is no secret that our Dear Kimbies doesn't really 'do' pink.
Nonetheless, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Because of that & because of Kim...me & my staff will all be wearing Pink this Friday to work. Please Join Us.

Tidbits to Know about Breat Cancer...
~About 2000 MEN will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year
~Well over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with INVASIVE breast cancer, this year
~Over 2 million women have been treated for breast cancer
~Over 40,000 women will die from this disease, this year

~Early detction is key, breast cancer can grow rapidly...perform monthly self-exams, have annual mammograms if over 40, discuss with your doctor any family history of breast cancer, changes in your breast(pain, swelling, redness or discharge), exercise, eat good, laugh often & hard & share your love, spirit & thoughts!
Please access link to the right for further information on Breast Cancer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girls!
I am wearing pink today & will try to wear pink somewhere everyday this month.
Luckily I am a girl & can get away with it!
My sister is a breast cancer survivor, 10 years now. As time goes by, we begin to let the memories fade or get tucked away somewhere & one day, you will too. But then there are always little reminders. Thank you for being a little reminder for me.
My thoughts & prayers are with you.
God Bless.

Justgivemepeace said...

Thank you, thank you , thank you for your thoughts and prayers and for being a survivor! If you lived through it with your sister, you know the spirit, the strength, the determination they have to have to keep on chugging for the world around them. To live! May the circle be unbroken. Cheers to 10 years and 10 years more and 10 years more!

Anonymous said...

Yea Kimbie!
You go for it, Pinkie! You can and will beat this dreadful disease.
My sister-in-law and dear friend are 15yr survivors who are doing great! We celebrate with them and pray for all.
You too, Kim, will be there. God is with you every minute; every day.
My prayers and blessings are with you and your family.
May God Bless you.
Love, peace and I miss you,
Corinne

PS: I sit here in my PINK nighty thinking of you! Sleep tight, sweety.

Anonymous said...

You sweet Girls, always thinking of others, always going out of your way, Wether it is friend family, stranger or stray animal. always there i love you all thank you!

Anonymous said...

Corinne, sweet Corinne,
And you will celebrate with us!
We love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Today began the Walk-a-thon for Cancer in the Clearwater, Fl area and it was a huge success.
Many of those who walked were cancer survivors;some of many years.
I cannot walk for you, but my heart beat a thousand beats per step for each person who participated; my thoughts were colorful as I pictured Dear Kimbie in her PINK BANDANA TEN years from now briskly walking!!
Prayers, Peace,and God Bless You
Love,
Cori