Saturday, December 09, 2006

Long Haired Southern Fellow with Locks Of Love


Locks of Love recently sent this hairy young man away, along with several others of us. It is not that his hair, or ours, is undesirable, they want it very much... they just want more.
Locks of Love wants a minimum of 10" of hair. This hairy & seemingly happy chap has only 7" to give.
I, Paiger, gave 10" to Locks of Love this time last year...before Kim was diagnosed with cancer & ironically enough, following her ritual of over 10 years of giving up the locks. Not long after I gave my 10 inches, this fellow decided he, too, would grow his locks for love. He's doing pretty good I'd say, wouldn't you?

Nonetheless, they just told him 'Come back in 2-3 more inches, so we don't have to shave you bald.' In the meantime, he's kind cute in apippy-long-stockings-kinda-way, huh?

So give us a couple more months & I'll be posting a pic of this fellow without the pony tails! And before you know it, we'll be posting pics of Kimbies with her own hair....

Let the radiation begin!

Her love, her spirit, her determination & faith radiate enough to lead any cancer cell into blindness.

LOTS OF LOVE KIM!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hooray for this nice guy, you Paiger, and everyone else who helps out. My hair is fine and grows very slowly, I wish I could help more, but I do give blood and am signed up as a marrow and organ donor. I think more people could do little things here and there. It adds up.

skinnylittleblonde said...

LOL, Anne. I too have very slow growing thin hair. Last year I gave them 13" and think it will take another year before I'll have enough to give again.
His hair looks so healthy & thick...I think they may get 2 wigs out of his mop!

Angela Marie said...

What a Nice guy!
My daughter and sister both gave to locks of love. I was so proud of them!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Yeah Angela!
Go Girls!
LOL, my hubby & I measured our hair again last night.
There is a post further back which shows some before and after pics of the children with their Locks of Love hair. It makes such a big difference & being young, in & of itself, is so hard...